Friday, December 4, 2009

41-Back On The Saddle... So to Speak

Success!! Day 41

Weather: 46 deg F. cool, a little headwind
Time I left my house: Late (surprise) 8:27 am
Time I arrived at work: 9:02 am
Distance: 8.08 miles
Avg. Speed: 15.7
Max Speed: 23.3
Time: 30.59 min.

Pre-game: I really tried this time. Although bundling up would prove to lose a couple minutes. I should wear all my winter gear (tights and jacket) to the sitters when I drop off the little guy, even though I look like an alien in all that wear.

OK ride today, it’s been a while (two weeks) since my dual flat in the dark and rain… so I was a little cautious and apprehensive. I just wanted to get to work. BF suggested to get some Schwalbes or Armadillos which cost a pretty penny, but are worth the investment. My legs weren’t up to par and the speed/time shows it. I was so late it was embarrassing. Changing out of my winter gear is timelier and I got to my desk at 9:11 am... I can’t believe how warm I got with the Addidas Blizzard jacket. I need to tune up my gearing, a low gear, it’s been jumping so I’ll have to take a look at that this weekend. It’s supposed to be a quiet/snowy weekend.

Hopefully, it’ll get better.

UPDATE: The ride home.

Weather: 50 deg. F cool, a little headwind
Distance: 8.43 miles
Avg. Speed: 13.9
Max Speed: 23.3
Time: 36.31

Well, the cookies I had ordered from a coworker arrived. It’s a Crayola cookie dough and cookie design kit that my kid would love to make. I couldn’t NOT bring this home this weekend… especially if Saturday called for snow (which it rained… ALL DAY I might add…) So during lunch I got some bungy cords and found an old box to rig the dough and the bucket of cookie design kit into. I have to say, the Schwinn held up pretty nicely; being a touring bike, I knew it wouldn’t have any problems. I kept it on the middle ring for most of the ride, and obviously, no TT records here folks. I also was extra cautious at night what with the double flat the other week so I shouldered the bike for the shady parts. But… success!!! Needless to say, we made the ugliest cookies known to man… but the kid had fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment