Friday, November 6, 2009

39-Addidas Adistar Blizzard Jacket

Success!! Day 39

Weather: 39 deg F. cold, a lot of headwind and crosswinds
Time I left my house: Early 8:09 am
Time I arrived at work: 8:48 am
Distance: 8.07 miles
Avg. Speed: 16.4
Max Speed: 22.7
Time: 29.39 min.

Pre-game: Ah Fridays. It was chilly, so I wore my Performance tights and my Addidas Adistar Blizzard jacket. Got out later than my usual Fridays, since I had to bundle up, but it was still waay earlier than my mid-week scramble.

Nice ride today- I have to say the Adistar Blizzard Jacket rocks- it was a little nippy out there with a wind chill of about 34 deg. F., but I was sweating to the oldies in that thing. By the time I got to work, I had to unzip and cool off. It definitely kept the wind at bay and I didn’t feel cold at all. It’s got a ‘racer’ fit, so it’s snug in the right places (not letting any air anywhere) and ventilated on the underarms and back. I got it from Performance during one of their sales, so I got if for under $100. Well worth every penny. I believe it’s also waterproof. The only thing is that I’m not used to looking like a character from Tron or V. It’s got some shoulder pads and a weird reflective design on the back (which is good for the nighttime). I wonder how long I could go this winter. I imagine I’ll try to set my MTB up as a winter commuter, with my snowboard gear (helmet, goggles, jacket, etc.). But if the roads are icy or aren’t plowed with enough space, I’m not sure it’s wise to go out. I do have a trainer and a DVD set for winter spinning to keep my legs and my cardio up to par, but it’s not the same.

The only thing I have to see is where to dry my tights and jacket… I have a cubicle and not an office so my own private closet is out of the question, so I’ll have to hunt the communal closet space around the third floor.

UPDATE: The ride home. AT NIGHT!!

Weather: 47 deg.F cooler, a bit of headwind
Distance: 8.49 miles
Avg. Speed: 14.1
Max Speed: 22
Time: 36.11

Nothing much to report other than I’m coming back to this after some time- now that I look at the numbers, I was as slow as molasses. I guess the nighttime ride was a bit blustery and cold, and I can’t really see the computer at night, so I just concentrate on pedaling, though I can’t tell how fast. Anyway, it was shite. The jacket still rocks.


No comments:

Post a Comment