Monday, August 24, 2009

22-Oohh That Smell!

Success!! Day 22

Weather: 69 deg F. cooler, not as muggy, a little headwind
Time I left my house: 8:00 am.
Time I arrived at work: 8:41 am
Distance: 8.25 miles
Avg. Speed: 14.7
Max Speed: 23.7
Time: 33.47 min.

Pre-game: I had made it out earlier since I knew we had a 9am meeting, meaning, I had to get to my desk like 10 to 9. It wasn’t too bad. My little guy is still on vacation schedule, so he’s sleeping later than usual as well as getting up later. I had a lot done early but I’m feeling a bit tired for staying up to watch Mad Men.

Ride was good. It wasn’t as warm which was a nice break than the usual hot, humid trek in. I used the Schwinn again since they said (yet again) it would thunderstorm later. I was glad I did bring the fenders, if not for nothing else than to protect me from this rancid garbage truck juice that spilled on the pavement in front of me. I rolled over it and it totally stunk up my continentals; I hope it will wear off. I’m praying for some rain now.


UPDATE: The ride home.

Weather: 83 deg.F warm, not too humid, a bit of headwind
Distance: 8.51 miles
Avg. Speed: 15.0
Max Speed: 23.9
Time: 34.17

It’s been nice out so the rides are much more pleasurable without this humidity. My legs are a bit sore, and I could feel it pushing through the wind, but I still kept my avg. up a bit. I’m still wondering if I should take a club ride sometime. Of course, the only factor is how long it would take. I have to think about the family, waiting at home… waiting for their Saturday or Sunday to begin. So maybe in the Fall or I’ll go solo. But I like the fact that it’s there and I would like to see how I fare in a group. I was going to do the Montauk ride, but it could take all day, and losing a Saturday just so I could ride 100 miles isn’t such a great idea. Possibly next year, when we could book some hotel nearby.

The Schwinn is working out nicely. It’s real solid and it’s fast, despite its weight. I am really glad about this purchase. I’m really considering some pedals for this baby, as the platforms are causing more of a hassle.


No comments:

Post a Comment