Tuesday, August 25, 2009

23-Back on the Sequoia, But Missing the Tiagra Shifters! Oh yeah, 32.07 New Personal Best Coming Home!

Success!! Day 22

Weather: 68 deg F. cooler, not as muggy, a little headwind
Time I left my house: 8:06 am.
Time I arrived at work: 8:41 am
Distance: 8.15 miles
Avg. Speed: 14.1
Max Speed: 23.0
Time: 34.43 min.

Pre-game: I was going to take the car, but since the Passat is in the shop for a recall notice repair, for a second day, I didn’t mind going out again. I do need another pair of shorts in this case since I had to wash yesterday’s—luckily there’s always laundry readily available to wash when you have kids. I got out on time again and my son didn’t have any issues, although he did get up with me fairly early today.

Ride was good. Back on the Sequoia I felt a little better, and worse… I like the lightness, the pedals, but not the shifters… do you believe it?? I really am ruined having the Schwinn's Tiagra shifters. I did make my usual time, but it seemed slower today, maybe because my legs are still sore. I’m wondering if I should break down and buy that Endurox recovery drink. Back in the day I was all about supplements, but after a while, you would need a personal loan to keep it up. I’ll see when GNC has a sale again.

UPDATE: The ride home.

Weather: 85 deg.F warm, not too humid, a bit of headwind
Distance: 8.37 miles
Avg. Speed: 15.6
Max Speed: 25.1
Time: 32.07 (New PB!)

I left work and a coworker cheered me on (on of the friendlier- more health conscious- execs) and said,”There he goes! How many miles? You go man!” So that was nice. It was a nice ride home, there’s a rattling I think is coming from my bottle cage, and I have to remind myself to tighten it when I get home because every bump I here that thing.

It’s apparent to see the differences between the Schwinn and Sequoia; the Sequoia is more nimble, lighter off the line and faster, but not as sturdy and gets skittish when I’m in rough roads. I could feel the bumps more on my Sequoia, especially when I’m really speeding up downhill, or when I hit a storm grate by accident (hit one yesterday, and scared the bejeebus out of me!)


No comments:

Post a Comment