Friday, June 4, 2010

500 Miles on the Schwinn!

Success!! Day 55

Weather: 58 deg F. sunny
Time I left my house: 8:22 am
Time I arrived at work: 8.53 am
Distance: 8.07 miles
Avg. Speed: 16.7
Max Speed: 24.8
Time: 29.01 min.


Pre-game: Barely made it out on a non-Friday ride- I wonder when I’ll ever be on time with a non-Friday ride.

Nice day today- warmer than usual. It’s funny that I thought I was going so slow I actually made some good time. There was a point where there was a green light at an intersection (for those in LI, it’s North Service road of the LIE going West, past 106/107) and I usually slow down and wait for the cars to make the turn as I’m in the turning lane, but something made me gun it, and I had a close call with a car (not signaling) making a right and I was going straight.

UPDATE: The ride home.

Weather: 73 deg. F with a little tailwind
Distance: 8.45 miles
Avg. Speed: 14.4
Max Speed: 22.7
Time: 32.27

No comments:

Post a Comment