Friday, June 4, 2010

Why All Offices Need Showers

Success!! Day 57

Weather: 73 deg F. sunny and warm
Time I left my house: 8:15 am
Time I arrived at work: 8.48 am
Distance: 8.07 miles
Avg. Speed: 15.6
Max Speed: 22.7
Time: 31.04 min.

Pre-game: Friday!!! I would’ve gotten out earlier but my parents needed some help in feeding the little guy.

Pretty warm out but enough breeze to cool me off. Of course, once off the bike, it’s like springtime in Bangkok, but whatev, that’s what we bike commuters have to face, the sweet stickiness of summer. Since we don’t have showers at work, I have to do the ‘ol outdoors way- wipes. Bear Grylls wouldn’t mind and heck if I care if my coworkers mind (OK, maybe I mind just a little). It’s been a year so they shouldn’t have a problem by now… or do they?

Anyway, been off for a couple of weeks due to a number of things, but it was a nice return. Hopefully I can get a vid up soon of my ride. More to come.


UPDATE: The ride home.


Weather: 84 deg. F HOT HOT HOT and a little headwind
Distance: 8.45 miles
Avg. Speed: 15.8
Max Speed: 25.2
Time: 32.04

My wife commented or rather, made a face akin to someone who smelled a hobo coming out of a subway, high noon in August. Thank God for running water in my house.

On another note- my little guy celebrated his 5th birthday last month and I made a video of his first five years. All you parents out there can understand- after you go through 5 years of photos and videos and you sit there through all the camera shake and lowlight shots, you're just amazed how much they grow. Anyway, enjoy:





Holden's Five Years from Dell on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment