Friday, June 25, 2010

It's So Dang Hot Out Herrr!!

Success!! Day 60

Weather: 78 deg F. warm and windy
Time I left my house: LATE! 8:23 am
Time I arrived at work: 8.56 am
Distance: 8.08 miles
Avg. Speed: 15.4
Max Speed: 22.2
Time: 31.37 min.

Pre-game: Damn it to hell I got out late again and on one of the hottest days of the year.

Did I mention it’s going to be hot today? What was good is that there was a nice steady wind going on. What’s bad is that I had to try to TT it in this heat and wind. And let me tell you I was drenched when I got to work. No showers, I used so many wipes and I didn’t get to cool off. I really should’ve taken the car today. It’s going to be 90 deg. F and it’s going to be deadly. I joked that those guys do it in this type of heat in the TDF but then again, I’m no pro and those riders do that for three weeks at almost 6 hours a day (for 120 plus miles).

Note to self on re-evaluating equipment, namely my shoes. My right shoelace kept getting undone by the crank, so I’m thinking of getting some nice MTB shoes with the Velcro. I can’t keep stopping for these laces.



UPDATE:
The ride home.

Weather: 88 deg. F HOT with a little tailwind
Distance: 8.45 miles
Avg. Speed: 14.4
Max Speed: 22.7
Time: 34.27

No comments:

Post a Comment