Friday, October 23, 2009

35-Fridays Rule- 27.24 Time New PB!

Success!! Day 35

Weather: 59 deg F. much cooler, a lot of headwind and crosswinds
Time I left my house: Early! 8:07 am
Time I arrived at work: 8:38 am
Distance: 8.08 miles
Avg. Speed: 17.7
Max Speed: 26.1
Time: 27.24 min. NEW PB!

Pre-game: I love Fridays. My parents are here, I can take my time and leave relatively early.

Nice ride today, I’m still thinking of a windbreaking type jersey or vest just to keep my core cool. I’m not sure if it’s worth the money as I’m getting a great winter jacket, but we’ll have to see if I can afford one. The arm warmers are the best investment. And they look cool. I haven’t had any issues, nor did I need to pull them down for overheating.

Went on the direct route on Jericho again today, this time being careful for that split second I go under the underpass- I can’t wait to get my blinky. It’s supposedly really bright in the daytime as well, so we’ll have to see what happens. Daylight savings is two weeks away.

I’m amazed at my time and avg. speed. It’s supposed to be a ‘rest’ day and no TT’ing. I guess you can account for my detour to help on the time.

UPDATE: The ride home.

Weather: 50 deg.F got colder, a lot of f_ing headwind
Distance: 8.48 miles
Avg. Speed: 14.2
Max Speed: 24.3
Time: 35.54

Cold ride home with a lot of wind to battle. I had on my rain jacket just as a precaution as the wind and skies seemed to look like a monsoon was coming. It was a little harder (and slower) to get home because of this. It was nice to finally get home after an ordeal like that...since my rain jacket wasn’t breathable, I was drenched with sweat. All in all, successful ride home. I haven’t been caught in any big rainstorms yet, but then again, I have been lucky to commute when I can … at least twice a week.


No comments:

Post a Comment