Friday, April 23, 2010

I Heart Friday Rides

Success!! Day 50
Weather: 49 deg F. sunny with a some headwind
Time I left my house: early 8:09 am
Time I arrived at work: 8.45 am
Distance: 8.06 miles
Avg. Speed: 16.2
Max Speed: 23.2
Time: 29.53 min.


Pre-game: It’s Friday and my parents are home to take care of the little guy, so it was nice.

Nice ride today, a little chilly, but after some pedaling, it wasn’t an issue. I found a way not to get apprehensive on the shady area- go Cyclo-cross on the side of the underpass, which means I have a little dirt path to follow alongside the road and not the actual road itself. My only concern is the crap that resides on the side of the road will all collect there, so I have to be cautious. I don’t have to worry about cars however, which is a plus and they don’t have to worry about me. Safe is always good.

UPDATE: The ride home.

Weather: 66 deg. F cool, a damn strong headwind
Distance: 8.45 miles
Avg. Speed: 14.9
Max Speed: 23.5
Time: 34.08

The same kind of wind that can kill a man's spirit, like looking at your cycle computer and only going 13 mph when you think you're doing so well... man that was some wind. Me legs hurt!

No comments:

Post a Comment