Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Return!

Success!! Day 45

Weather: 60 deg F. sunny with a breeze
Time I left my house: early (for once) 8:15 am
Time I arrived at work: 8.46 am
Distance: 8.09 miles
Avg. Speed: 16.0
Max Speed: 22.7
Time: 30.22 min.


Pre-game: Wife is off for Easter break so it’s all good. Unfortunately, it’s her last day, so we’ll see how late I get out when it’s back to work for her. Today, my son was at the door when I was setting up my bike. He was saying how he wanted to ride with me. He’s four and I told him when he’s a little older. He said he can’t wait. I told him I’d miss him and I love him, that just makes it all worth while, all of it.


Was a great ride- until it started raining about two miles before my destination. It wasn’t pouring, but I wasn’t prepared to get any rain (thank you again, Channel 61 traffic and weather). It should be a nice, dry, ride home. I was extremely inspired by this weekend’s ride…watched the Tour of Flanders and saw Cancellara kick Boonen’s ass on a climb, holy moly, once he broke away, there was no way Boonen would catch up. And…Sunday is Paris-Roubaix- get the DVR ready!!

UPDATE: The ride home.

Weather: 66 deg. F cool,
Distance: 8.45 miles
Avg. Speed: 14.4
Max Speed: 22.7
Time: 35.27


Nice ride home, felt it in my legs, but it was just nice feeling to know I’m having a three-day weekend as well. I had to sort of rush as my wife was going out tonight, but got home in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment