Friday, September 4, 2009

26- Last Ride of the Summer

Success!! Day 26

Weather: 63 deg F. not as cool but still nice, a little headwind
Time I left my house: 8:10 am.
Time I arrived at work: 8:47 am
Distance: 8.16 miles
Avg. Speed: 14.4
Max Speed: 22.5
Time: 34.06 min.

Pre-game: I got out a little later than usual, as my son got up right when I needed to get ready- no worries, got him a raisin bread with his glazed donut (I know, I know, but he’s got to eat!)

Ride was nice. I’m still feeling weak as this was my third ride this week (actually, 4 if you count Sunday’s long ride). Lost a minute on my avg and total trip time. I had a chance to look at the scenery as I was cruising and it’s such a nice day out. I’m kind of depressed that this is my last ride of the summer, and wonder how often I’ll get to ride in the fall as I’m driving the little guy over to the sitter’s around the corner. It was a nice run.

I spoke to a guy at the LBS in Farmindale (Adventure Cycling I think) and he gave me a price to upgrade to Tiagra brifters- total with labor and parts- $350. It’s half of my bike. Then we were talking about consignment and other bikes, so that was a good and BAD talk as the price kept going up. I’m beginning to think I’ll need a second job to support my habit, I mean… hobby.

UPDATE: The ride home.

Weather: 76 deg.F cool, a lot of headwind
Distance: 8.38 miles
Avg. Speed: 14.2
Max Speed: 22.2
Time: 35.20

It was a nice ride home, despite the terrible avg. speed and time. My legs have been in pain as well as my right foot (still not sure when I should train for the Cow Harbor Race). But it’s all a part of what we do when we pedal, yes? It was also kind of bittersweet that the summer rides are over and I’m not sure how early I can get out of the house when I have to drop the little one off to daycare. We’ll have to see as I’m sure I can find a way. We always do. What’s more, I have to think about the colder months, daylight savings and then… snow. That’s just crazy talk.


No comments:

Post a Comment