Thursday, July 16, 2009

Day 12 - Thought it would rain...took St. Joe out and all I got was hot, humid and headwind

Success!! Day 12

Weather: 69 deg F. humid, warm, headwind!
Time I left my house: LATE 8.12 am.
Time I arrived at work: 8:50 am
Distance: 8.16 miles
Avg. Speed: 13.4
Max Speed: 19.4
Time: 36.31 min.

Pre-game: I got out a little earlier than yesterday, but not much. Since it’s going to rain today, I took out St. Joe, but with that, I had a hard time setting my Banjo Brothers panniers on the rack. The challenge is fastening the straps on the sides to the bottom. I wasted a few minutes of that- coupled with a 4 year old wanting to play bubbles-I hate to say no to him.

Not a bad ride- a lot of headwind, and since I’ve got the singlespeed today, it was painful trying to keep up my avg. speed (which apparently went lower as well as the Max and Trip time.

UPDATE: The ride home.

Weather: 79 deg F. muggy, headwind and hot
Distance: 8.42 miles
Avg. Speed: 13.7
Max Speed: 21.2
Time: 36.59 min.

It was an OK ride- so dang hot and humid and on a singlespeed … painful. I’m going to need to re-think this singlespeed thing since on that final hill is inevitable, but I don’t want to spend any more money on bike stuff. At one point in the ride, a car off the shoulder was pulling away and I yelled” Hey!” luckily her window was open.


No comments:

Post a Comment