Thursday, July 23, 2009

15- Sunny and Back on the Specialized Sequioa

Success!! Day 15

Weather: 68 deg F. warm, headwind
Time I left my house: LATE! 8.14 am.
Time I arrived at work: 8:47 am
Distance: 8.15 miles
Avg. Speed: 14.6
Max Speed: 21.8
Time: 33.22 min.

Pre-game: Had a few things to take care of before I left, w/r/t the kids, my laundry from yesterday (dang you rain!), and inflating my tires on the Sequoia, which explains the late departure. It was so crazy yesterday coming in from the rain and having to pick up my wife’s car in Bayside (don’t ask) and then driving home and taking care of the kids.

Great ride- except for the fact of leaving late, it was OK.

UPDATE: The ride home.

Weather: 80 deg F. hot, humid and a bit of wind
Distance: 8.38 miles
Avg. Speed: 15.0 (whoa!)
Max Speed: 24.0
Time: 33.32 min.

I left late from work due to an unscheduled/informal/after-hours meeting on our website, so I was hammering it to get home. I broke 15 mph avg.!! Crazy. I’m still trying to get home sub-30 minutes. That would be nice. Although, if I do leave late again, reminder to self: CALL THE WIFE. She got into a little fender-bender today and was worried that I got home after 6pm. She didn’t know I left late—speaking of cars and fender benders- damn near dropping a grand for scratch!! I hate autos- pieces of metal that depreciate and have no value. Of course, I’m going to drive tomorrow.

PS- Congrats to the Schleck Bros. today- W for Specialized! (and WTF Contador???!)


No comments:

Post a Comment