Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Day 11 Commute

Success!! Day 11

Weather: 65 deg F. cool, clear not much humidity and sunny
Time I left my house: really, really LATE 8.17 am.
Time I arrived at work: 8:50 am
Distance: 8.13 miles
Avg. Speed: 14.5
Max Speed: 21.2
Time: 33.36 min.

Pre-game: I really need to get ready earlier- it’s hard when the kids are up and you need to take care of them before you push off. And I forgot the bowls that I was supposed to bring to work- but everything else was packed, so not a big loss. I just had to go across the street to Target and buy some bowls in the morning for my boss’ birthday party. But this much is true, I have to get ready earlier. I sat at my desk and the computer read 9:08 am which is technically LATE, but it's pretty casual work environment here- although I don't want to make it a habit.

Nice ride in – except since I left later, the traffic at the lights piled up, so it was more waiting. I’m not sure how I improved my trip time, which I think today is an all time high, but my legs are still hot from last week’s riding and yesterday’s workout of squats and calve raises (yes, I’m trying to get back to the gym, which is proving to be beneficial).

I have yet another cycling purchase being delivered today- the Kurt Kinetic Road Machine- which I will have a review forthcoming (along with others). I got a demo off eBay at a good price with its lifetime, unconditional warranty (that’s right, you read correctly). Bought it because, yes, I need more miles for me to do a century coming up (if I do decide to do one...) and my wife would like something to do cardio on. I will see how it goes.

UPDATE: The ride home.

Weather: 75 deg F. sunny and pleasant
Distance: 8.37 miles
Avg. Speed: 14.5
Max Speed: 24.7
Time: 34.39 min.

It was a nice ride home nothing to really report, except that last climb was a killer today, maybe because my legs need to rest from the previous day’s workout, but I made pretty good time. Which was important, since I needed to drop off my wife’s car to get inspected (get the bike on the car rack- then back on the bike)- so my riding wasn’t over just yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment