Monday, July 27, 2009

16-Tired And Hot is No Way to Start a Monday

Success!! Day 16

Weather: 73 deg F. humid, warm, headwind
Time I left my house: LATE! 8.15 am.
Time I arrived at work: 8:49 am
Distance: 8.16 miles
Avg. Speed: 14.2
Max Speed: 21.0
Time: 34.27 min.

Pre-game: Of course I had a few things to do before leaving, did I wake up early to do so? Nope. Did I go to sleep late again last night because my wife and I were on the internet looking for places to go on vacation (next year mind you, for our 10 year anniversary…) Yes. Was I exhausted this morning and which explains the time and avg. speed? Yes and Yep. I got to get it together. Maybe because I’m out next week I’m slacking.

Ride was OK, my body was aching – which puts me in a quandary with my Bianchi- I’m at no age to be pedaling a singlespeed up a hill I realized. So I’ve decided to try to sell St. Joe and recoup the money to buy a proper bike for the rain/foul-weather. I’m looking at touring bikes (longer chainstay, steel and wide tires to carry a load as well as MTB gearing for my weak legs). I have to find a place to ship the bike today, which I hope they can do at a reasonable price.

Kind of bummed that the Tour is over, but congrats to Lance for making the podium! I can't wait to see the lineup for Team Radio Shack for 2010.

BTW, I hit over 200 miles today for the Sequoia. 264 miles total. Three months and 264 miles of commuting on bike. Unreal.

UPDATE: The ride home.

Weather: 85 deg F. hot, humid and a bit of wind
Distance: 8.41 miles
Avg. Speed: 14.6
Max Speed: 23.8
Time: 34.23 min.

It’s days like these when you wonder why you commute. You push yourself through traffic, through humid, hot air, up a couple of big hills, and you think you’re making some ground. But then you get home, and you realize you’ve done your workout for the day and you haven’t filled up your gas tank in how long and your legs ache (the ‘good’ ache) and you smile.


No comments:

Post a Comment